There are good hair days and then there are bad ones. Really bad ones. We mean those moments of darkness when taking a straight razor to your frustrating follicles seems like the only logical option left. But there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Between this year’s new trends and a whole pile of products to get your hair behaving again, there’s hope. Read on to discover 25 reasons to like, or dare we even say love?, your hair again.
1) Ombre: As Jared Leto made abundantly clear at this year’s Oscars, this two-toned style not only stands up to red carpet standards but provides a stylish way to gradually transition back to your natural color or even go a little fashionably lax on your hair dyeing appointments.
2) Lulu Organics Lavender and Clay Sage Hair Powder: When washing your hair doesn’t quite make it into your morning routine, save the day (and smell great doing it) with this dry shampoo.
3) Oribe Conditioner for Beautiful Color: Color treated hair needs color treated care that keeps your hue as vibrant and healthy as it did on day one.
4) Hair Chalk: Hair Chalk is the best temporary boring-hair fix since Kool Aid that works on blondes, brunettes, and redheads who aren’t quite ready to commit to color. Brands like Gypsy Stix, Hot Hues, or Hair Chalk give your hair subtle to straight up My Little Pony pizzazz.
5) Hair Donut: If you’re lacking in hair thickness or patience needed to meticulously create the perfect ballet bun, a spongy hair donut does the trick seamlessly and in mere seconds.
6) Ouidad Curl Quencher Moistiruzing Conidtioner: Give your thirsty curls some love during your next shower session and without harmful sulfates.
7) Dev-Curl No-Poo Cleanse: Shampoo keeps hair clean but can strip it of those natural oils that provide bounce and shine. Opt instead for this non-lathering alternative that cleanses without harm.
8) Ban.do Crystal Crush Bobbi Set: Add a little dazzle to your ‘do with gem-studded metal-plated pins.
9) C.O. Bigelow Lavender and Peppermint Shampoo: It’s a gel! It’s a foam! It’s a great way to wake you up in the morning and give you intoxicatingly-scented hair all day long.
10) Travel Sizes: TSA’s 3 ounce rule shouldn’t rob you of your right to great hair and now it doesn’t! A surprising number of your favorite top-notch hair brands like Chi, DevaCurl, Paul Mitchell, Biolage and more are all available in carry on friendly doses.
11) MoroccanOil Treatment: If there’s a problem, MoroccanOil is the solution. This miracle elixir fixes frizz, restores shine, hydrates hair and everything in between.
12) Aveda Shampure Duo: Aveda caters to all hair types with its unique Morikue™ protein to cleanse and fortifies hair.
13) Twistbands: These snag-free hair ties are a sophisticated alternative that doubles as a cute wrist accessory when not in use.
14) Bumble and Bumlbe Surf Spray: Get (or embrace) those beautiful beach waves with a salt-water based spray.
15) Alterna Bamboo Volume 48-Hour Sustainable Volume Spray: Say goodbye to all things limp with an effective spray that plumps up even the finest of hair.
16) Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Daily Shampoo: We all make mistakes, Nexxus makes them a thing of the past by binding torn up tips back together with keratin amino acids and coconut oil.
17) Spornette Ion Fushion Cushion Brush: De-tangle sans damage with this boar and nylon bristle fan favorite since the 1950’s.
18) L. Erikson Interlock Italian Turban Headband: Protect yourself from wind or just look positively adorable indoors and out with a totally retro accessory.
19) Essential Elements Wake-Up Rosemary Shampoo/Conditioner Duo:
When the beep of your alarm clock or a cup of coffee don’t do the trick, the delightful garden-worthy ingredients of this two part system will.
20) Old World Braids: This loose, down the back or even piled atop your head look is on the rise this season, plus it’s super easy to manage.
21) Pops of gold: Reveal your inner royal by complimenting hair with coy hints of gold in pony cuffs, pins, and clips.
22) Miss Jessie’s Original De-Frizz Blow Dryer Diffuser: Attach one of these bad boys to any standard blow dryer and get curls dry without the damage.
23) Carol’s Daughter Hairmilk Starter Kit: Let your natural curls, coils, kinks, and waves be at their best with a four part system for the girl on the go.
24) Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner: Thinning hair gets a sweet smelling boost with a soothing serving of botanicals.
25) Flowers, flowers, flowers: You can welcome this long awaited season with flowers of all sizes (and authenticity) in large statement pieces or sprinkled ever so sweetly amidst updo’s.
No matter the color, cut, or style there’s reason again to embrace the hair you were born with and have a blast doing it!